Two Minute Sunset - by Rock Hunter
• Raise the Great Lakes? If only it were so simple - Jun 10
• Water Levels Fall in Great Lakes, Taking a Toll on shipping - Jun 10
• Random thoughts while waiting for Great Lakes Algae Watch 2013 to begin - Jun 10
• Illinois governor right: Close the Chicago canal - Jun 10
• 100 years after ore boat disappeared in Lake Superior storm, searchers locate wreck - Jun 8
• Vital issue still under radar - Jun 6
• Water levels will gain almost two feet this season - Jun 6
• 2012 Report on WATER QUALITY Sampling Data - Jun 5
Neighbors at the Dock - Photography by Rock Hunter
• Unlike most birds, common loons don't have hollow bones - Jun 2
• PoV: Hudak's appreciation of Highway 69 is encouraging - May 29
• Georgian Bay Forever Newsletter - May 23
• Georgian Bay Association Newsletter - May 5
• Save Our Lighthouses - Update - Apr 23
• Getting Climate Smart - Apr 22
Gerry & Shane Evoy out socializing on the Bay! - May 2011
Posted: In tribute and memory of Gerry Evoy 1927-2013
"Visit Your Summer Haunts in Winter" Popular Science Magazine - Nov 1970 Page 129
In the planning, a Celebration of Gerry's Life, probably around the Victoria Day weekend, to be announced soon...
Spring begins with the vernal equinox at 7:02 A.M. (EDT) on March 20, 2013 in the Northern Hemisphere, so HAPPY SP----
Seven new pictures in the 2012 Album - Select "Large" bottom right
Cottage Life TV Network launches a new show this fall called "My Retreat" and they are looking for interesting, quirky, iconic and grand cottages and owners to feature on the show. Pointe-au-Baril.com has been asked to put the word out cottage owners. If you are interested in possibly being on the show send a note to CottageLifeTVinfo@Pointe-au-Ba
Spring begins with the vernal equinox at 7:02 A.M. (EDT) on March 20, 2013 in the Northern Hemisphere, so HAPPY SPRING !!
Found March 16, 2013 Male Neutered Tan Lab Cross in Pointe Au Baril - email RockHunter@Pointe-au-Baril.com for contact information
Restore our Water
The middle Great Lakes have now set a new record low for December and are in Crisis. Lake Michigan, Lake Huron and Georgian Bay are losing 10 BILLION GALLONS PER DAY due to erosion of the St Clair River! Please Sign & Share this petition! Strength in Numbers!
|New additions from Bruce Herchenrader!||More images available in the Art Gallery|
Sitting on a Rock of the Bay - by Rock Hunter
(1080p quality available- Slower download but much better viewing)
Water Level Forecast: It could Break Record Lows
ONE MORE DAY TO COMMENT
COMMENT PERIOD OVER
Everyone who's been on Georgian Bay this summer knows the water is down!
Here's the update:
- Lake Michigan-Huron is currently 12 inches lower than at this time last year.
- Lake Michigan-Huron is currently 8 inches below chart datum.
- We are on our 13th year of lower-than-average water levels on Georgian Bay.
- The potential for record lows for Lake Michigan-Huron is not a prediction, but instead the low end of a possible scenario for the next six months.
- The graphs and charts are truly depressing.
The International Joint Commission has advocated a do nothing approach to water levels in the Upper Great Lakes Study. They have extended their deadline to comment to September 30th 2012. If you haven't made your thoughts and feelings heard, remember that the volume of people who voice an opinion counts! The Pointe au Baril Islanders Association has form letters prepared you can use as an American or Canadian citizen. Whether you email, fax or post letters. let your voice be heard!
U.S. Section Secretary Canadian Section Secretary
International Joint Commission International Joint Commission
200 L Street NW, Suite 615 234 Laurier Avenue West, 22nd Floor
Washington, D.C. Ottawa, Ontario
20440 K1p 6K6
Fax: 202-632-2007 Fax: 613-993-5583
2011 and 2012 Comparison
New additions from Bruce Herchenrader in the Art Gallery
- - August Archive